Sunday 20 May 2012

I've been naughty

NO! Not that way - wash your mind out with soap! I haven't really blogged very much, ergo, I've been naughty!
I promise to do better starting, well now really ;)
This is what I handed in for my portfolio - have a look and tell me what you think. I have to say I'm very proud of the work I've done this year, I know there are flaws but I've learned SO much and I can draw. Admittedly, the only way I can draw is using illustrator put it's still valid!
This is my customer board, it's supposed to tell you she's busy and is juggling a lot of things from family to work and the influence her city has on her. I hope you get that from the board.
My inspiration boards, I was inspired by the clothing my muse needed for a week in here life, she runs a PR business and has to attend lots of different functions as well as getting through the day to day stuff.
I've named all my garments after areas of Manhattan to bring in the theme of the city she lives in. This is my work out outfit. I've tried to fit the name with the outfit based on the vibe of the area - I know how arty do I sound? ;)
A casual brunch outfit or just dropping off the kids - my muse is super woman! This collection is also about me learning new skills so I've tried to include many different types of fabric from jersey to chiffon.
Easy day at the office or brunch with the girls, she'd wear this is she didn't have any clients to see but could dress up the look if she needed to see somebody unexpectedly.
A more formal day at the office look.
A kimono style dress that can be worn for the more casual events she has to go to like a Soho art gallery opening.

A formal gown for grand events such as opening night at the Met.

My range plan, the looks all together I hope it looks like a collection even though they are very different garments.

And my colour board which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Tell me what you think of them and when I get the marks back I'll let  you know what I got.

So far I've only got one result which was over 70% (equivalent to a first) for my presentation, I KNOW the rest of the marks will not be that good!

Mwah, mwah!

dxx

No comments:

Post a Comment