Monday 28 May 2012

So, not all photographers are flakes

but a heck of a lot of students are! Lucky for me Aiden isn't, he's an ND student at Mid-Cheshire doing photography and bailed my arse out after YET ANOTHER PHOTOGRAPHER LET ME DOWN!

This hasn't been a totally fun experience - can you tell? ;)

Anyway, Aiden found time in his busy schedule today to get some pictures for me here they are.

Purple drop sleeve dress:


This isn't the shot I'm going to use but I really like it, I like the disheveled feel it's got like she's just got in from a club.

I'm going to use one of these three shots for the brief, but I'm too tired to think which one right now so if you've got any ideas let me know!




I like this dress - which may surprise you, seeing as I designed and made it! - it's VERY short, not show the good china short but getting close. I'd love to pair it with something like this on the runway:


But with the look and feel of the collection it wouldn't look right :( My inner goth rock chick is still alive and well and waiting for Ian Astbury to take me away from all this!

Double collar purple shirt (A.K.A. that damned shirt from hell):

Back view


Front views




This shirt was AWFUL to make, but I can make them easily now - hence the name.

And last but not least the wrap over shirt:




They all need a little TLC from Photoshop and believe it or not they WERE all ironed.

I learned when you are shooting using mannequins:

Pack out the mannequin so it acts like a human being and has boobs etc.
Take a steamer to the shoot as every single crease will show on the camera.
Pay for photographers - that way you can get them to actually do the shoot.

You have no idea how grateful I am to Aiden for this today, he is a star!

Please let me know what you think in the comments, all constructive criticism is MORE than welcome!

Mwah mwah!

dxx

No comments:

Post a Comment